January 19, 2010

Two Birds, Two Works!


These are two interpretations of a bird in a tree. It is an exercise in combining form and different materials. It is a painting and a sculpture combined!



On this plate, I used old newspapers for the tree branches which I made by rolling the newspapers and later painting it using acrylic paint. Then I made separate drawings of the different parts of the bird like wings, face and beak on colored paper. Lui cut these colored papers for me which I then assembled and pasted to form the bird. I also made a drawing of the sun which Lui cut for me again and later assembled on a colored cartolina. I added leaves and other decorations to complete this mixed media painting!



This second plate is the same bird but this time I only used oil pastels on cartolina.


I made one drawing on two separate plates!