June 11, 2009

My Day and Night Birds!

I love hearing birds singing around me which is why I love drawing them. My session for June 10 was to draw my favorite birds on two settings.


My Day Birds



Day birds have a colorful background because the sun is out and you can see them clearly. I made a drawing of the usual Maya birds found in the Philippines. I also included the bright green leaves, the moving clouds and the sun shining behind the birds.



My Night Birds




I really can't see the birds at night so I have to use my imagination. I am sure they are on top of the trees at night. Instead of the sun and the bright clouds, I use the moon and the shining stars which resembles the Christmas lanterns we call parol in my country! Instead of a black sky, I use violet which really makes it look like night time.